Located in beautiful Saranac Lake, NY, in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains, our mission is to provide shelter to all stray and unwanted companion and domestic animals. We work toward educating the public about proper animal care, including spaying and neutering, providing adequate outdoor housing, food & water, veterinarian care, and the many different state and local laws and ordinances that a pet owner should be made aware of and abide by.
Our Humane Society is a Non-Profit 501(c)3 organization, and is maintained as a No-Kill facility. We are proud to say that we have placed over 3000 animals into new homes, and reunited over 1000 animals with their owners, since 2001. Our day to day goal is to provide the best temporary home and compassionate care for our shelter animals until they are adopted into new forever homes.
We feed and recommend Hill’s Science Diet.
News & Events
Floyd Lampart, a long time supporter & volunteer at the Tri-Lakes Humane Society, has begun his 12,000 mile bike ride around the United States to help raise money for our Humane Society to be able to install a new sprinkler system in our building. He is hoping to raise $20,000 for the project during this bike ride, which he is attempting to complete by October 2013.
He is riding unassisted on the road, and is paying for all his own expenses at motels, bridge tolls & restaurants.
Floyd began his ride here in Saranac Lake on April 4th, 2013, and headed east for his first major destination in Lubec, Maine (the most Eastern town in the continuous U.S.). He has already reached Lubec, Maine on April 10th, and is now riding down the East Coast heading for Key West, Florida. From there, he will be riding along the Gulf Coast and on to San Diego, California. Then pedaling north along the West Coast, he will reach his 3rd major destinatino of the most Western Town of LaPush, Washington. Floyd then plans to ride along his northern route which will take him to his 4th major destination of Angle Inlet, Minnesota. He will then head back to Saranac Lake to complete the entire ride of 12,000 miles.
He is a man on a mission!!!
Spay/Neuter Voucher Assistance Program
We provide financial assistance vouchers to people in our area who want to get their dog or cat spayed/neutered and can not afford the entire cost of the surgery.
The voucher amounts vary depending on the gender and type of animal. There are 9 Veterinary Hospitals/Clinics in Franklin, Essex & Clinton counties that accept our assistance vouchers. A list of the participating Veterinarians will be provided to the pet owner.
Financial Assistance Amounts:
$35 voucher for a Male Cat Neuter
$50 voucher for a Female Cat Spay
$50 for a Male Dog Neuter
$75 voucher for a Female Dog Spay
For more information, please contact us at (518) 891-0017, or by email email@example.com
A portion of our Spay/Neuter Assistance Program is funded by a $5,000 grant we received from the ASPCA and the NYS Animal Population Control Fund.
When a Town Issued Dog License is purchased, $1-$3 from each license is mailed in to the NYS Animal Population Control Fund to be used to help low income pet owners receive spay/neuter assistance from local Humane Societies and groups like ours.
We are very proud to have received the $5000 grant, and the money will help us continue our important Spay/Neuter Assistance Program in our surrounding communities through the rest of 2013.
How to Help Us
We are a small, 501(c)3 non-profit, no-kill animal shelter and we rely on the generosity of the community. Your tax deductible donations are always needed to support our tasks of healing, caring, and finding forever homes for the homeless pets in our facility.
There are many ways you can help animals in need:
* Consider making a donation, or make monthly a monthly pledge, either online through PayPal, or by mailing us a donation. We also accept credit card donations through our office by calling (518) 891-0017.
Donations can also be mailed to:
Tri-Lakes Humane Society
PO Box 1111
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
* Remember us in your estate planning. Please contact our office to find out more.
* Make a contribution in memory of, or in honor of a loved one or special pet.
* If you cannot adopt from us, please consider sponsoring a pet for yourself or for someone else! A photo of the sponsored pet along with a certificate can be sent to the donor. By sponsoring a pet, you can help pay for that particular pet’s vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, microchip, food and care while they are housed at our shelter. Some of our sponsors also donate gifts, beds and treats for their sponsor pet, which helps to provide the pet with some extra comfort. Please contact us for more information!
* Donate your time by becoming a volunteer and spending time with our shelter animals.
* Donate new (or used) blankets, sheets, collars, leashes, litterpans, dishes, and toys. Food is always welcome, as we have many mouths to feed. (we house cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, and the occasional bird.) Or check our Wishlist for other items we need to help take care of the shelter animals, keep our facility clean and office functional to adopt out pets.
If you have time to spare on a regular, or occasional basis, we can use your help! Any time or talent you have to offer is welcomed! The animals love having visitors, and enjoy the extra attention they receive from volunteers. If you are a dog person, you can help by taking dogs out for walks on our Doggie Trail, playing with them loose in one of our 2 play yards, or by helping us to groom and train them. If cats are more your style, then you can spend your time getting to know all of our feline friends and you can please them with lots of love and affection. We also accept help around the building with cleaning and organizing, as well as some office tasks. Please contact us for more information on volunteering. We always look forward to new people coming on board!
For more information on ways to help us, or if you are interested in volunteering, please call 518-891-0017, or send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting!!